Monday, June 15, 2009

What have I been up to?

I know it has been a while since I last posted. Everything is going fine, just that life has gotten busy and my time at the computer occupied with studying or mindless wandering.



The weather has been hot, and the garden has grown a ton! I picked some more lettuce, and I was able to get 4 cups of basil leaves. They turned into a wonderful pesto sauce!! I can't wait until the plants produce enough leaves for more. I will post pictures of the garden later this week after I pull the weeds around the beds. I don't want to show you all how lazy I have gotten with the chore of pulling weeds.


As for the inside of our house, I decided that I didn't like to look of the pantry. It is not very big, but as you can see it is a big cluttered mess! It looks like a bunch of junk. Medicine, spices, snacks, pans, and yes, 3 cans of Febreeze and a can of Lysol. Also found some cup of noodles, popcorn, packing tape, dice, shot glass, movie money, and on and on. Here is the before shot:



I cleaned up all of the shelves, and did some MAJOR organization. I was able to get rid of a bunch of junk. Even after making things look organized, I wanted a way to hide it all. It just looks sloppy. I had some leftover curtain rods, and an odd sized long curtain (only 1) leftover from a couple of moves ago. I think it does this kitchen well. What do you think?


2 comments:

Robyn said...

Nice! The curtain was a good idea. :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Robyn... and even the top of the frig looks good! Nice going... wanna do my house?
Take care

Pat